About the role
Fusion Labs is a growing innovation and venture consultancy with over 30 staff working across multiple client projects in Melbourne & Sydney. We are looking for a proactive Senior Product Manager who is customer-focused, and combines entrepreneurial traits with the ability to manage client needs and timeframes.
Product managers bear overall responsibility for product success, starting with creation of a compelling vision and culminating with delivery of a valuable product to market. They must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, customer research, and agile development practices. Ultimately, product managers must lead and inspire a multi-disciplinary team to take a product from concept through to commercialisation, creating both customer and business value.
This is a 4-6 month contract role based in Sydney, and will include both remote work and time in the office with the team.
- Align the team around the product vision, core customer needs and problems, market differentiation and business value
- Collaborate with the design team to conduct customer research and gain an understanding of your user types, journeys, needs, desires and pain points
- Translate trends (product, technology and market, social) into a compelling product vision and a point of view on how your product should compete
- Develop and manage the product backlog, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Develop quarterly product roadmaps
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Implement product analytics suitable for your product type, and ensure easy access and visibility of key metrics across the team
- Be a champion of lean product development, with demonstrated experience designing and executing experiments that maximise learning and minimising resource investment
- Create, monitor and report on team OKR’s (objectives and key results)
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
- Develop materials to communicate progress to partners and clients
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
- Experience founding or working within early-stage startups (highly regarded)
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products that customers will love
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience launching multiple digital products
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet deadlines
- Excellent leadership skills with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Eager to learn and adopt new ways of work
- Passionate about the innovation space and entrepreneurial community
If you are interested in applying please click apply or email your CV to email@example.com
Please mention the job title (Senior Product Manager) in the subject of the email.
About Fusion Labs
Fusion Labs is a leader within the Australian corporate innovation and venturing space. We bring together international business experience, an understanding of corporate challenges and a rigorous methodology for delivering high impact innovation and digital products.
Our team consists of entrepreneurs, consultants, designers, growth marketers and engineers from diverse industries and cultural backgrounds who share a passion for creativity, learning, experimentation and impact. We are not your typical agency or management consultancy but rather a tribe of practitioners with experience launching and growing new ventures that leverage new business models, channels and technology. Our skill-sets and mind-sets are obtained from repeated experience navigating highly uncertain contexts, complex problem solving, inspiring and aligning diverse stakeholders, and applying rigorous methodologies to build highly viable, feasible and desirable products. We leverage our teams’ diverse experience, skills, backgrounds and qualifications to form an entrepreneurial task force.
Our clients are typically large corporate or government organisations looking to innovate and execute on new opportunities.