In partnership with RMI holdings, we launched the first fintech incubator in South Africa.
Build a $100 million fintech incubator, driving the development of new disruptive revenue streams for the client, and foster a culture of innovation in South Africa.
We used our depth of experience as entrepreneurs to help structure the overall approach, business model and incubation model.
We adopted an end-to-end approach in our design:
- Developed strategies to encourage the grassroots entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Scanned the market for opportunities
- Made investment decisions
- Incubated ideas through the build, optimise and scale stages of development
- Developed budgets for setup, operating and incubation
- Developed an organisational structure and a strategy for supporting and mentoring businesses using lean startup and design thinking principles
- Designed the physical space
The incubator was launched in pilot form and has since been scaled to full operational model.
The incubator currently houses over 30 businesses – giving them a safe environment to experiment, share, access funding, engage mentors and access open platforms and APIs.